Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blueberry Patch Muffins

You know how you search and search for that perfect blueberry muffin recipe? I think--for our family at least--I've finally found it. We picked the blueberries ourselves at a blueberry patch in Michigan. While we were there, I also grabbed a pamphlet with this recipe in it. This is a great one, and I hope you like it as much as we do.

Blueberry Patch Muffins
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg, well beaten
1 c. milk
6 T. melted shortening
1 c. blueberries
1 T. sugar

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 c. sugar. Combine egg, milk and shortening and add all at once to flour mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are moist but still lumpy (batter will be thick). Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Sprinkle with 1 T. sugar. Bake in hot oven (400-degrees) about 25 minutes. Makes 1 dozen muffins. (They will go like hot cakes!).

Enjoy!

Visit Tasty Tuesday for more great recipes!

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful! I bet making them with fresh blueberries really put them over the top. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I made these this weekend. They were fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis