Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Why Moms in Need of Mercy...

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."--Hebrews 4:16

No matter what our situation in life, but particularly as stay-at-home mothers, we desperately need God's mercy (and in increasing measure with the number of children we have!). We need His help to get us through the challenges of each day. Sometimes, many times, we have days like I had today, where little people are clamoring and fighting, whining and sucking every last bit of marrow out of my bones, and I feel like I'm about to lose it all. Yes, of course, there were good times too, but many challenging times where I was pleading for God's mercy to help me hang on and try to be at least somewhat of a loving, kind and good mother. I think I failed. But so wonderfully encouraging is that God's mercy never fails and He promises us grace to start again and begin anew.
During naptime, I opened my Bible randomly--to 1 John 3 (not very random at all in God's sight!), which is all about love. It was just the reminder I needed from the Holy Spirit. It provided the mercy and grace I needed right then.
So about this little blog venture, I have been meaning to start writing for a very long time. I love writing and find it very cathartic....but with three boys ages four and under, finding the time to write consistently is difficult. Still I will try. I will share my journey and what I am learning along the way about how to grow in grace and excel in love in regards to mothering and homemaking. My hope is that along the way, you too will be encouraged and we can all learn together as we journey toward santification in Christ Jesus and thank Him for His great mercy and grace. For we are all moms in need of mercy and this mom's definitely in need of mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect handle, perfect sentiment! So glad to be able to follow your journey and be blessed by your fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am really excited about this new blog of yours!! I am sure I can learn a lot of the tips and encouraging ideas you'll have here and pass them on to my wife. She is always in need of mercy!

    ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis