Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why I'm Going Back to Film

I've blogged before about my problems staying current on scrapbooking (or putting photos in albums in general). Largely, it's due to the fact that I don't print digital pictures on a regular basis. If I were going to print pictures, the order would be so massive and so expensive that it keeps me from doing it. I know I could solve this by simply breaking it up into bite-sized, budget-friendly pieces (one month--not one year--of pictures at a time, for example), but I don't.

The whole digital thing just doesn't work the best for me. So I'm going back to my old camera--you know, the kind that requires film. Remember that stuff? :) It's just better in my situation, because I have to buy a roll, take the pictures, and then go develop the 24 pictures on that roll of film. Hard copies in my hands, ready to go in albums or books.  The kids will be able to see, in pictures, the mischief they got into a week ago, a month ago, a year ago. The whole family will be so pleased.

This decision, though, was somewhat forced upon me. A blessing in disguise, you could say. You see, a few weeks ago, while I was upstairs, busy putting our two-year old down for his nap, my three-year old got ahold of our camera on the main floor and was busy trying to take pictures. He completely zoomed the lens out, and then--to the best I can figure--tried to push it back in with his finger. He brought the camera up to me when he couldn't get it to do anything. I couldn't get it to do anything either--except to say "lens error." My husband, who is usually supreme at fixing anything, couldn't put it back together again either. So the camera's shot. Not a pretty picture.

But fortunately, I have my older 35mm camera. I am going to keep it hidden from the kids.

(linked to Works for Me Wednesday)

2 comments:

  1. HAve thought about this myself!
    Great post!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/fRVt8Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I was just considering this very same thing myself.

    Hurray for film!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis