Thursday, September 17, 2009

Coffee Talk Thursday: More on Being His Girlfriend




Well, I haven't gotten around to designing a fancy little button yet. But button or no button, I would like to begin a regular feature here on Thursdays called "Coffee Talk Thursday," where we sit down and talk about stuff as if we were having coffee together (or another hot beverage of your choice) face to face.

So today's topic is being our husbands' girlfriends. I had a little bit more I wanted to share with you over that second cup of coffee!

I would like to introduce a good friend of mine, Mary, who I admire so much! Together she and her husband Kris have eight wonderful children, six boys, two girls. Don't they look adorable?

Here's what Mary shared with me about the secret to their success:
We are going to be married 21 years this Sept 23. I don't know why we are such good friends I have never thought about it. Maybe it's because he lets me. I have made my marriage my priority. I consider it my vocation in life to be a good wife and mother. It is also my greatest joy. We like to be around each other. I never get tired of being with him. I like hearing about his day. I love when he walks through that door. He has no expectations, he just loves who I am and always praises me. Not that he has ever said anything to require me to dress up, but I like to have my hair done and makeup on by the time he gets home. I like to do my best to look good for him, probably because he has never pressured me and always said he loves me just the way I am. We pray together a lot. We strive to know and love God which one of the fruits is we fall more in love with each other. If you want to love your spouse, then love God. You cannot love your spouse like he/she deserves to be loved unless you love God. That makes sense since God is Love.

Thanks, Mary! We'll have to have a cup in person soon!

If you haven't yet, I'd love for you to enter to win an autographed copy of a great book on hospitality by Karen Ehman called A Life That Says Welcome: Simple Ways to Open Your Heart & Home to Others. Just leave a comment after this post, and I'll be posting the winner Tuesday. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis