Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan: Cookin' From the Church Cookbook!

Awhile back, I wrote about the church cookbook I was working on. It's here! I am extremely proud of it. It's filled with just under 700 family-favorite recipes (698, to be exact) from great cooks within our church. Plus, missionaries serving in Spain, Mexico, Germany, and beyond contributed authentic recipes from their regions: Arroz con Pollo (chicken with rice/Mexico), Paella (Spain), Flammkuchen (Germany), Thai Chicken Rice soup, lettuce wraps, and more.

Proceeds from the cookbooks ($17 each) support our church's million-dollar building expansion, which we are aiming to reach mortgage-free. So far, families within the church have pledged more than $600,000 toward the building costs. If you would be interested in learning more about the cookbook, or would like to order one, please email me and I can get you the details.

Needless to say, as with any great new cookbook, I can't wait to try out the recipes! Almost every meal on my menu plan this week comes from the church cookbook. Perhaps I'm being too ambitious and will only end up making a few, but here is my ambitious plan as it is now: :)

Breakfasts:
Yeast waffles, cottage cheese, triple berry blend
Coco Wheats hot cereal
Cranberry orange scones, fruit
cereal
Baked oatmeal
Ann's Breakfast Bake, salsa
Sunday Morning breakfast

Lunch:
Leftover goulash, sugar snap peas
Honey Chicken Salad on Crossaints, mandarin oranges
Leftovers
PB & J's, fruit
leftovers

Dinner:
Marinated flank steak, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Chicken pecan fettucine, french bread, roasted asparagus
Slow cooker mac and cheese, maybe hot dogs (?), mixed vegetables
Lentil soup, bread, cheese
Pizza
Beef Tips in gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans
Roasted Chicken with Rosemary, red potatoes, carrots, spring mix salad

That's what I'll be cooking up this week! Visit orgjunkie.com for more menu plan ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a cool cookbook! I would buy it.....buuuuuuuuut, I've been on this "Oh I want to get this cookbook" kick and I have 3 newish cookbooks I need to work on (one is about 3 inches thick!).

    Would love to see pictures and hear about what you cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just decided I am not cooking from my same fabulous cookbook this week....I'm coming to your house to eat. Start cleaning, Cheryl :). Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to raise money for the church!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis