Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Basic-H As A Stain Remover

Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate
My boys get their clothes dirty. Real dirty. So I always make sure I have plenty of stain remover in my laundry room. I like the Shout and OxiClean sprays, but when you get down to about an inch left in the bottle, they don't spray out so well anymore. Then you have to pick up another bottle at the store for about $3.

But not if you do what my mom taught me.

While she was visiting, she did all the laundry for us (what a gift!). She's used and loved Shaklee's Basic H Super Cleaning Concentrate for years. Mom told me she used to pre-treat my sisters' clothes and mine with a Basic H solution mixed up in a spray bottle. She did the same with our clothes, using about 1/4-1/2 tsp. to about 16 ounces of water. Spray it on the stain, let it sit for a bit, and wash as usual.

Now that I'm back to doing my own laundry, I'm giving it a try. I'm impressed! One of my boys spilled chokecherry syrup all over his white jammy shirt. The Basic H stain treatment got it out--good as new!

A bottle of Basic H costs around $11, but for that, you'll be able to mix up hundreds of bottles of stain remover, plus household multi-surface cleaner, glass cleaner, and so much more. It truly is multi-purpose, and it's safe for your home. 

Linked to Works for Me Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis