Sunday, March 28, 2010

Messy Monday: Just Do It Anyway


Sometimes we make things harder than they need to be. We can come up with lots of reasons and excuses for why we can’t seem to get around to what we really need to do. Sure, the reasons can be valid; but often, regardless of the reason, we just need to pony up and do it anyway.

This simple lesson really hit home recently when I was asking one of my kids to do something. An all-too-common response is, “But Mom, I don’t feel like it right now,” or, “Mom, I don’t want to.” And what do we as moms say in response? “Just do it anyway.”

This Messy Monday, may we find help for getting it together by following our own advice. Even when we don’t feel like it, let’s give ourselves a dose of our own medicine: “Just do it anyway.”

If you have a tip for getting it together, please link below to your post. As a courtesy, please link back to Moms In Need of Mercy. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This is such perfect advice for a a procrastinator like me. My 5-years-old often resists obeying for the same reason--she doesn't feel like it. I need to lead by example and make sure she does her tasks anyway. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was quite the kick in the pants for me too :)
    Now when I don't feel like doing something, I am trying to pretend I'm my own mother, telling myself, "I don't care if you don't feel like it. Just do it anyway!" :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read it on your blog--finishing what you start. I can't tell you how many times since reading that that I have caught myself halfway through a task being tempted to go start something else. What a difference it makes! And thanks also for the post on teaching children to work. The Lord really used that to help me get some small things done with my little guy content to play in the cupboards--and we were still spending time together. I love your blog!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Victoria! Glad it has helped you. Appreciate the uplifting encouragement! :)
    Blessings to you too!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis