Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunshine In The Sandwiches

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22,23).

Everyday, because of the steadfast love and mercy of God, there are moments when your soul feels warmed by rays of sunshine.  These moments, if noticed and savored, can give you a good jolt of joy to carry you through the rest of the day when the sunshine starts to fade and the clouds roll in.

Standing in the kitchen, making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my boys for lunch one day, was a glorious moment. The light spilling in from the window made me feel as carefree and happy as if I were on a tropical beach in an exotic place, instead of in my kitchen in the middle of winter.  One could view making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as mundane, but to me, it was glorious.

While the sunshine may not kiss your face as you prepare lunch, God gives us all glorious moments each day to celebrate and cling to. We just have to pay attention and shift our perspective to find glory in the grind, sunshine in the sandwiches. As Dr. Laura Schlessinger wrote in her book In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms"Think about it less as 'Is that all there is?' and more as 'I can't believe how much I have.'"
holy experience

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder to be in awe of how much I have! Praising God with you for all the precious moments that make up my days.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis