Someone commented once that she felt right at home here because of my tales of misadventures. It’s been awhile since I’ve shared any of my outings-gone-wrong. No better time than Coffee Talk Thursday to update you on all the mom’s-in-need-of-mercy moments in my life. So without further adieu, here are a few highlights from the past week:
- My son has a case of stray-itis in the grocery store. This week, as he wandered too far from me, the power in the store went out for a few seconds, creating complete blackness in the aisle we were in. I think he became temporarily cured of this strange medical condition.
- When we got to our vehicle in the parking lot, said son also began dancing like Michael Flatley in Lord of the Dance, announcing through hops that he had to go pee. Before I could do anything about it, he dropped his pants, in the middle of the Albertson’s parking lot, and peed. Yeah. That’s a moms-in-need-of-mercy moment.
- Same son let out a demonic sounding scream when I wouldn’t allow him to drop (I mean drop) the eggs in the cart. Same scream when I wouldn’t let him throw the cantaloupe in the cart either. So proud to call him mine in public ;)
- We have been delivering cookbooks and press releases to local media. While waiting in the lobby to give one to the features’ reporter for the newspaper, the boys were enamored with the right-at-their level buttons on the wall. These were fire alarm buttons. Let’s just say I left the book with the receptionist and out we went.
- At the feed store to buy dog food, one of my boys insisted on refusing to listen to my instruction to stay right by me (stray-itis must be contagious). After jumping on bags of food for all sorts of animals and running throughout the warehouse, I—in a moment of better judgement, thank you—decided to take the boys out to the vehicle and strap them in their car seats until I was done. Only problem with that is my four-year old can successfully unstrap himself from his booster seat. So all the while I was paying, we were all graced with the lovely harmonic sounds of the mini-van horn honking over and over, and over again.
- My one year old has this thing with splashing in toilets. (Usually unflushed thanks to his big brothers; fortunately it’s only #1—so far).
Well, that's about all I can think of right now. Your turn to share any mom's-in-need-of-mercy moments from your life!
By the way, the cookbook winner is--#7 from Random.org, which is Hilary. Hilary, please email me your address at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will get your cookbook out to you. Congratulations! For those who didn't win, if you're still interested, the cookbooks are available here. A review here. Have a great day, and enjoy a good cup of coffee (or tea!).