Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Funny Pregnancy Comments

So I am officially due with baby number four, our first girl, August 16. But I must look ready to deliver any day now, based on the comments I have been receiving while out and about. Here are some of my favorites. They just make me smirk and giggle. The things people cannot leave unsaid...;)
  • "Wow! You're ready to pop!" (as if it were that easy)
  • "When are you due?" Upon hearing my due date is still 2-4 weeks away, the follow up by at least two people:
  • "Are you sure you're not having twins?" and
  • "Just one baby in there???" (ok, go ahead and call me huge, that's fine). :) I'm 5'4", and what can I say--short women tend to be all baby up front. We can't help it. It's called a short torso.
  • "Going for a basketball [football/baseball] team?"
  • "Are you gonna make it?"
Sometimes you just have to smile and go with it. Although I should come up with some great one-liners in response...

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. So funny! Imagine if it were your 7th! With my 6th child, someone visiting our church asked our pastor's wife if I was having triplets! Seriously? I'm the same height, so I feel your pain. I have 8 weeks to go and the other day someone at the grocery store, after asking when I was due said, "I thought it would be so much sooner." Yeah, thanks. So, now I joke that when someone starts asking if I'm having triplets, then we'll know my due date is close.
    So excited for you! You're in the home stretch. Can't wait to hear the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I WAS pregnant with twins, and looked it, people would, of course, ask when I was due, expecting me to say "any day now" or "2 weeks ago". I took a certain sadistic pleasure in simply stating my due month (still 2 months away) and then walking away without explaining LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephenie...oh, that's too funny. Triplets?! Maybe we should just start telling people we forgot when our due date is :) (Hope your marigolds added a nice touch, by the way).

    Sweetpeas--congrats on your twins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "forgot when my due date is" idea! Too funny! I'm due August 15, and though my belly gets lots of glances and smiles, people never talk to me. I think it's the culture of the area we live in. I really wouldn't mind if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I was pregnant with my 5th , one of my friends was having her 6th. her solution to How many are you going to have?! was to look them in the eye and say 15. that was the end of that conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was pregnant with my first, I was asked several times if I was having twins. Then I DID have twins! People thought I was due any day when I was five months. For some reason, instead of asking when in was due, a lot of people asked if we were having a boy or girl. I'd simply say "yes.". It was hilarious to see people process that and realize I was having twins!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis