Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two Weeks' Worth of Menu Plans

I have two weeks of menu plans today. It's especially helpful on my end to have extra ideas to pull from, since the roast I bought and cooked for dinner Sunday night had a hidden blood clot running through the middle of it, which was terribly disgusting. Yuck. Out goes my original plan to use leftover roast beef in the first few meals of this week. (However, I'm going to take it back to the store and get a new roast, so those meals may work yet).

Also this week, I picked up my very first Bountiful Baskets order and love it! I ordered a 20-pound box of Cara Cara oranges, so needless to say, we will be eating and juicing lots of oranges in the next few weeks.

Here are the ideas, listed by category:

Breakfasts:
  • Peanut-butter baked oatmeal and fruit
  • Blueberry muffins, smoothies
  • Swedish pancakes
  • Chocolate Malt-o-Meal with a teaspoonful of peanut butter mixed into each bowl with milk (my kids would love to eat this for every meal, I think)
  • Cereal, bananas, juice
  • Overnight French Toast
  • Whole-wheat pancakes, orange juice
  • Oatmeal, brown sugar, dates, walnuts; fruit bowls (bananas, oranges, kiwi, pineapple)
  • Scrambled eggs with sauteed peppers, onions, maybe mushrooms if I can sneak them in;)
  • Orange Julius, banana bread from master mix
  • Choc. Malt-o-Meal again in week 2 (see note above) :)
  • Fried eggs, toast, oranges
  • Overnight caramel rolls
Lunches:
  • Ham sandwiches, celery sticks, oranges
  • Tuna noodle casserole, peaches
  • Popcorn chicken, macaroni and cheese, apple slices
  • Sloppy joes, corn, fruit salad
  • White Chicken chili, tortillas, salad
  • BBQ Beef sandwiches, sweet potato fries
  • Dinner Leftovers
  • Avocado-Chicken salad sandwiches from roasted chicken, apple slices
  • PB & J sandwiches, veggies
  • Chili-cheese dip and chips
Dinners:
  • Beef and Rice enchiladas, lettuce, tomato, avocado
  • Hamburgers, fries, jello salad
  • Beef fajitas with avocado, pineapple
  • Crockpot potato soup, pull-apart herb rolls
  • Roast Chicken, Avocado-citrus salad, Oven-Roasted vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts--halved--from Bountiful Baskets, maybe even the mushrooms. Just cut up the veggies, put in a big bowl, drizzle olive oil and sea salt, maybe some pepper and any herbs you'd like (basil?), and put on a baking sheet in the oven. Roast at about 400 for 10-15 minutes (just watch carefully).
  • Homemade pizza, Caesar salad
  • Beef tips (basically beef for stew), simmered in sauce recipe (water, beef broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, onion) and then add brown gravy mix (or make your own) and serve over noodles,  brussel sprouts sauteed in butter
  • (out for a few days)
See more menu planning ideas at orgjunkie.com!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am interested in your crockpot potato soup recipe. That is on my meal plan for this month and I don't have a recipe, yet. :-) I have been trying to do better at having an extra meal or two 'just in case', as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are using bountiful baskets! I am going to try your idea for brussel sprouts as I confess I have never bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought our first basket this time also. We also did the caro caro oranges. We ate brussel sprouts first night and will easily finish the basket before week end. Phil has already put the order in for this week...plus several add-ons. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis