Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Boys Wear the Perfume in the Family



This isn't my perfume tray, but my mirrored vanity from my grandmother looks exactly like this. And my boys can't keep their hands off it. I think it's the push-spray action that fascinates them; maybe they get a little superhero thing going on: "watch me spray the bad guys with this repellent." Whatever the reason behind the intrigue, I can smell it when they've gotten into my perfume.

Today was particularly interesting. Actually, I'm struggling to find the right adjective to describe it.

I was on the main floor, helping our oldest with his math and phonics. The two youngest were upstairs, supposedly getting ready for the day. It was quiet. Too quiet. That's never a good sign in this house.

I went upstairs to investigate. My oldest son beat me up the stairs. He yelled, "Mom, they're getting into your perfume again! They're spraying it everywhere!"

Not only had they sprayed multiple bottles of perfume several times, they had taken my bottles of essential oil (lavender and Pan-Away--which smells a little like Icy Hot) and one of the boys had poured the bottles on the head of his brother. He also took a small bottle of peach-scented roll-on perfume that I really liked and dumped that on brother's head too. Creating their own perfumery, I guess.

I also had a small bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (which is tremendously not cheap) on my vanity that is now providing an advanced treatment for the carpet both day and night.

The only redeeming part of this situation is--at least their mix smelled somewhat decent today. Plus, my son got quite the deep conditioning treatment for his hair.




1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you! My 5yo graced his school with the strong scent of his father's cologne last week. The teachers got quite a kick out of it. I apologized profusely (he'd gotten into it with no time to take a bath before school) but they reassured me that children often come to school smelling much worse!

    Twice I have had to clean up entire bottles of lotion from the bathroom floor and rugs. Oh, and his latest - dumping brand new bottles of liquid laundry detergent. The first time it went on the utility floor under the freezer and hot water heater. The second time (two days later - new bottle to replace the first one) it all went into the (thankfully) empty front loading dryer.

    This too, shall pass. :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis