Monday, October 5, 2009

FREE Bulk Food Storage Buckets!

For quite some time, I've been looking for buckets just like this to store large bags of flour, oats, rice, beans, etc. But I never knew where to find them. Finally, I called a food supply store; they had them...for about $25 each. Buying buckets takes the savings out of buying in bulk! So I started praying about it--that God would help me find food storage buckets. Remember, nothing is too small a prayer!
That night, I was at Sam's, looking at the 25lb. bag of bread flour, contemplating how I could store it without a bucket. The nicest lady came up and started raving about how wonderful that flour was for breads and pizzas and coffee cakes. So I asked her how she stored it. She told me the secret: go to the Walmart bakery and ask for their empty icing buckets. Her Walmart charges about $1. But mine gave them to me for free! (I assume your local Walmart would do the same, if you're in need of food storage buckets too).

A blessed answer to prayer!

(this post is linked here for "Gratituesday")

7 comments:

  1. This is an answer to a need I have too. It's going on my list for my next Wal Mart trip. Thank you so much for sharing and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score! I paid about $6 for mine at the grocery store where I buy all my bulk dry goods, but free is definitely better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how God cares about even the seemingly small details?! Wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Walmart doesn't do any baking at the actual store anymore and therefore doesn't have buckets. However, our local bakery gives them away for free! If your Walmart says no...just keep asking other stores/bakeries that would have large buckets of frosting you should be able to find some somewhere. They always smell so sweet when you first get them... my kids get a kick out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good idea, Shelly! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tip! i just bought a trash can at walmart to store the 50 lbs of baking soda i just bought, but maybe i can take that back and save myself $...

    thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really very good answer, this will help many people who purchase in big quantity and then storage problem occurs.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis