Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan 10/11-10/18



Sunday:
Scrambled eggs, toast
Hamburgers, potato wedges, salad
(Mom's ill--Dad's in charge of the kitchen and meals today!)

Monday:
Cream of Wheat, Orange Juice
Tuna Salad Sandwiches, carrot/celery sticks
Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, Homemade applesauce
snacks: almonds/cheerios/raisins mixed together; string cheese, apple slices

Tuesday:
Bagels, yogurt, juice
Beef Stew, Milk, Biscuits
French Dip Sandwiches, baked potatoes, broccoli
snacks: morning-out (Bible study); toasted English muffins, peanut butter

Wednesday:
Scrambled eggs, toast, mandarin oranges
Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
Southwest Chicken in crock-pot, rice, avocado, celery sticks
snacks: make Pumpkin Chip muffins; Triscuits, cheese slices

Thursday:
Oatmeal, blueberries, milk
Leftovers
Chicken Enchiladas, corn
snacks: yogurt parfaits; Golden Grahams cereal, milk

Friday:
Apple coffee cake, cottage cheese, juice
PB & J, grapefruit
Pizza, salad, popcorn-movie night!
bagels & cream cheese; apples, yogurt dip

Saturday:
Pancakes, juice, bacon
Chili Cheese Dip, chips
Roast Chicken, Butternut squash, Chinese Cabbage Salad

Sunday:
Granola, fruit
leftovers
Blue Hake fish fillets (Schwan's), peas, baked potatoes

*I've listed snacks each weekday because I have three hungry, growing boys under 5. Planning it out helps me know what to feed them mid-morning and mid-afternoon :)

You know, I'm realizing if I followed this exactly, I wouldn't have to spend very much at the store at all. I'd only be buying the items I don't have on hand to follow this menu plan. Writing it down, and following it, guarantees we'll have three meals (plus snacks) to eat each day. So why are there so many other items on my list?!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I was browsing the posts on Menu Plan Monday and I saw this was your first time, just wanted to say Welcome! I have a printout that hang on my refrigerator that includes all the meals, plus snacks just like yours. It definitely helps me plan, shop & avoid having each child ask for a different snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, pumpkin chip muffins sound yummy right about now!

    :)

    Great menu plan ya got there. Welcome to MPM! Stop by and see mine over at Free 2 Be Frugal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on doing a menu plan. I starting doing it a couple months ago and now I feel lost without a plan. I plan 2 weeks at a time now and can make a little shopping list for each plan. I'm trying to stock up when things are on sale then use mostly things we have on hand which helps save a lot of $$$.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis